...to be a good blogger, apparently. So what kind of blogger has an awesome blog giveaway and waits a month to announce the winners when she very clearly says that winners will be announced at a certain time and gifts mailed at a specific time thereafter? Oh, that would be me. Well, I am done celebrating now. The last birthday gifts rolled in during the middle of this month. My friend Kathy knit me a beautiful beaded silk scarf. I loves is.
I barely finished celebrating my birthday before my tenth wedding anniversary rolled around. Special K and I went on a Mediterranean Cruise stopping starting in Spain and stopping in two ports in Italy and two ports in France. We had a fabulous time.
If you are interested in living vicariously through our cruise adventures, I put up tons of our pictures in flickr, knock yourselves out. And yes, I did get some crafty bits while in Europe, a few skeins of yarn and some Phildar pattern books, which wouldn't be funny at all (if I could read and understand French, which I can not, but therein lies the funny), save for the language deficiency.
1) Book of Wool goes to Cathy whose father gave her a birthday card for"his son";
2) Lorna's Laces sock yarn goes to Meredith O. whose husband sent her flowers and pjs while he was away on assignment;
3) Merino Lace goes to Megan who was lucky enough to get some Addi Clicks for a birthday one year;
4) Clover Leaf Farms roving goes to Janelle who has found her spinning wheel to be quite useful (and whose blog name is terribly clever);
5) Scarlet Fig fat quarter goes to Chancy who might take as long to make quilts as I do (and there is nothing wrong with that at all!);
6) Madeline Tosh sock yarn goes to RisaJ who uses her birthday as an opportunity to do things for others;
7) Kayleigh roving goes to Violet who is not likely to make any sort of gifts out of paper mache again any time soon;
8) and the handspun goes to Kathy who will have to settle for getting one day's gifts and who, hopefully had a stress free birthday as she wished for.
All winners were selected by random number generator. I will e-mail winners about collecting there winnings shortly.
I promise to be more timely in my announcement and prize distribution next time. This delay is downright embarrassing!