Birthday memories, that is. For the most part, the last of my birthday/novakkah gifts trickled in today (my summer activity books arrived!); and, I have to admit that this year's celebration was quite nice (in case you are curious, I did get treated to lunch, and I found a free parking space in Providence last night, I know you were wondering).
I ended up plugging most of the novakkah tallyies into a random number generator to get the winners for my little birthday giveaway, the exception being Day One because someone (hi, Kathy!--the ribbing is all in good fun here, Kathy and I are good friends, even if she can't follow directions) decided to leave two comments, ahem--I just made up a number and counted down. Day Five was preferential selection, because I couldn't help giving a gift that keeps giving, even vicariously so (a chartiable causes crafter, I salute you). Giftees for novakkah 2011:
- Day One, handspun yarn: Heidi, aka Digital Misfit
- Day Two, roving and Spin-Off Magazine: Hannahbelle
- Day Three, custom dyed roving: Stacey (Earthchick)
- Day Four, Crochet Today mags and Mission Falls Cotton: Andrea K. (blogless, but no less awesome, I'm sure).
- Day Five, fabric scraps: Jen (blogless, but crafts for others, which = awesome + thougtful)
- Day Six, embroidery kit: Carolyn
- Day Seven, Rowan Purelife Autumn book: Jacey
- Day Eight, Interweave Knits mag, Wollmeise and Shibui Sock yarn: Andi
I will e-mail you guys tomorrow to coordinate mailings (or, get your addresses), discuss dyes and authors, etcetera.
Thanks everyone for celebrating my birthday with me, we'll do it again next year! I do like a good party, after all.